Friday, March 2, 2012

Valentina's Story Review Questions

Imagine that you were Valentina. What would your do or say if you were confronted by Bagaruka in the village after the genocide?
I would be scared. I would probably run away and hide from the man, especially if I knew he killed children.

Put yoursel in the shoes of Denis Bagaruka. How could you kill all of these innocent people? What would you have to do to create a mindset that would make it possible for you to murder innocent women, men, and children?
Honestly, I wouldn't be able to kill anyone. If I had to think like Denis Bagaruka, I would have to tell myself that this was right, and that it needed to be done.

What kind of punishment should Bagaruka be given?
The punishment for committing death is death.

Try to put yourself in Valentina's shoes. It is three years after the end of the genocide. In what ways does the genocide still impact your daily life?
I wouldn't have a family to return to when I needed to. That would have a huge impact on my life. The memories as well, of people dieing and suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment